WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
Our products displayed on DIYMegaStore.com.au are covered by a Manufacturer warranty. The terms and conditions of such warranties are beyond our control and it is your choice whether to use such warranties. Where possible the time of such warranty will be shown on our website.
All our products are based on 'Back to Base' warranty conditions.
Warranties are non-transferable and based from original date of purchase.
Defective Product Claim
If a Product has a minor defect, we will provide a repair or offer you a replacement or a refund. If a Product has a major defect, you are entitled to:
- reject the goods and receive a refund
- reject the goods and receive an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available, or
- keep the goods and receive compensation for the drop in value caused by the problem.
If you think that a Product is defective (not damaged during transit) on receiving the order you should email to email@example.com for assistance within seven (7) days of receiving the goods. A photo may be requested to assist with the assessment of your claim. Where a Product is defective, is returned within 7 days from date of order received, return shipping will be arranged at the expense of DIY Mega Store. If a Product is replaced, your replacement Product becomes your property and the returned Product becomes our property. When a refund is given, the returned Product becomes our property.
DIYMegaStore.com.au do not provide a refund, credit or exchange if you have:
- damaged the product by using it in a way it was not meant to be used.
- changed your mind and decided you no longer want the product or just don’t like it but have notified us after our 7 day Change of mind guarantee has lapsed,
- found you can buy the same or similar product elsewhere for a cheaper price after the order has been finalised and despatched,
- had a defect drawn to your attention before you purchased the product, for example, when products are clearly labelled as seconds or faulty,
- bought the goods for resale.
If the product is proven to be damaged during delivery (and Transit Insurance was taken up) and a claim is made within three (3) days from the date of receiving your Order, DIYMegaStore.com.au will replace or repair the product at our cost. If we have no further stock of the item and it cannot be repaired we will replace it with a similar product or offer you a full refund.
If the damage is discovered outside the three (3) day period email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will determine whether circumstances are such that you can still proceed with a claim.
Our products are backed by 'Back to Base' warranty conditions.
Where we have determined that, on the facts you have provided, a warranty claim may be granted, the product needs to be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that was delivered with the product and sent back to us (address as shown in 'Contact Us' page). If it is a bulky item (items that cannot be sent via Australia Post), then contact us for further assistance.
After the product has been returned a final decision on granting the claim will be made by DIYMegaStore.com.au. We reserve the right to test any returned product, and to ask you to further demonstrate that the problem with the product was not your fault.
Where it is agreed that the claim is valid a replacement or repaired product will be returned to you at our expense.
Note - Where upon receipt of the returned product we determine that the product did comply with the warranties and conditions and the condition of the product was misrepresented to us by you, the expense of returning the product to you will be charged to you.
Refund or Credit
Where a warranty claim is granted any refund will include a maximum of the total GST inclusive price paid on the original order. No refund will be given until we have received the product from you. Refunds will be issued by cheque, EFT, PayPal or a credit to your account.
You can accept a Credit from which you can order any product up to the cost value of the approved Credit amount. You will be issued with a Credit Note via email.
Where a replacement is agreed to after a warranty claim is granted the replacement will be delivered to you at our expense after we have received your returned product.
How to Claim
To make a claim please email to email@example.com and;
- provide us with a copy of your original Tax Invoice or similar proof that the item was purchased from us.
- describe the problem you have encountered and provide evidence (eg a photograph) to support your claim
- state whether you are requesting a replacement, repair, refund or credit.
- We may request for a Claims form to be filled in by you and submit to us for records. We will issue this to you when required.
LIABILITY OF COST
Some products sold will require installation to complete the features. As we have no control over who you use and how it is installed due to site specific restrictions, to the extent permitted by Law, any cost for labour and materials associated with installation are not covered under any manufacturer warranty claims.